Thursday, March 10, 2011

Vintage/Love Letters

Last night my friend asked me to bring my wedding magazines to work, when I did she found something that inspired her and me for a wedding idea. See her boyfriend is on a mission and she misses him everyday, they write letters to each other to keep up with what is going on with each other. So I thought letters have to be involved in their wedding. Ciara was just as excited as I was and sent me a few pictures of the colors and things she wants at her wedding.

Flowers:
The blush colors are perfect for a vintage feel, my great grandmother had a blush pink kitchen seriously pink tile, appliances and decorations. So that just proves how the blush pink gives you a vintage touch. Adding light blue, purple, even white can just enhance the vintage feel. So don't feel like pink is the only option for vintage looks. 
Beautiful center pieces! Love how regal they make the table look, goes right along with the vintage theme. 
This is a different twist on vintage, its modern but still has the feel of vintage. Plus its your something blue :) 

Since the couple that inspired me on this has been writing letters to each other, I though well instead of a guest book or a frame signed by everyone how about postcards with black and white photos of romantic places or couples on them that each party can sign and write well wishes to the bride and groom. You could pin them with laundry clips, put them on a pin board, or have them leave the postcards in a group for you to later turn into a book. 

Ciara's grandmother has a very old chest of drawers that she wants to incorporate into her wedding. This is the perfect thing for a vintage wedding, using things from your family that have meaning just make your wedding a little bit more personal. I like the idea of putting wedding photos from past couples in your family on the dresser. She is going to add both her mothers wedding dress and her boy's mothers dress to each side of the dresser, great way to make families feel like an important part of your wedding!



This awesome background would be great behind the cake, you and your man could write on the chalkboards or you could let your guests. Just a neat little vintage touch. 


Will be adding more to this theme as I go, just had to get some of the idea out today, I was about to burst! Love Ya'll

All photo credit goes to Ciara Jones. Thanks for the inspiration! 






No comments:

Post a Comment